CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ramblings of Christmas Break

I hope everyone's winter vacation went great!I know we all deserved and needed the break! Isn't the picture on the right gorgeous?That's Huntington on my Birthday. As expected, the beach was almost completely empty the day after Jesus' Birthday. We did see a kitesurfer and I made a promise to myself that I would learn to kitesurf. I mean soon. It was very cool. I ate at the best bar-b-que place ever and wondered why they abbreviate bar-b-que because when you put in the -'s, it takes up the same amount of room as when you spell it. I was given a Nixon watch which was "the cheese to my macaroni."*


Christmas was one of the best so far. Just some friends and family at our house and a lot of really good food. The coolest gift was probably a quilt my grandma made. The weirdest was a three way tie between an ant farm, a chia pet watch, and pencils.*laugh*My parents definitely have a sense of humor.

I also did alot of reading. Dear John, Atonement, part of Frankenstein, The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn, and Captivating, and some Emily Dickinson poems were among the list. I also made a record for myself and watched about 6 movies in one day. Juno and August Rush were the faves. I also manged to become addicted to The O.C. which is kinda a shame in itself.
Arizona occupied the last three days of my break when Alexis invited me to stay with her and a couple others at their dude ranch. Two words:very cool! (I know I could have come up with two words better than that to describe it) I had alot of fun there and managed to forget school was only in a couple days. Her cousin who also went does a GREAT impersonation of this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o .Our "wrangler" was a guy from Arkansas named Kipp. It is kind of impossible to say the name Arkansas without sounding twangy. He had a glass eye which was also very cool. I also saw a live taratula,(like a wild one), a dead coyote, and not one tumbleweed. Anyway, the dude ranch was another fun part of my vacation that I really enjoyed.
RAIN made break even better!

I worked over my break, left my homework until last minute like I promised myself I wouldn't, went running, wished I could go snowboarding, signed up for kitesurfing lessons, seriously considered a myspace to break the boring moments,and missed you all!

Overall it was a nice relaxing break. If you got this far, congrats for toughing it out. I'm sure you were waiting for it to get better but it didn't. You should have known better.
*My new found habit is quoting movies and making pop culture references. I don't know why. It is actually sorta embarrassing.

2 amazing comments:

Harry said...

glad to see your having a good break. and yes I did get through the whole thing lol. once I finished recording two of our new songs I had nothing to do so I went on blogger. Anyways happy belated b-day.

laters:)

eileen said...

nice to know you had a good break! i read the whole thing hehe i was bored. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

~eileen